Job Title: Commercial Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Insurance Manager
Commercial Lines Account Manager provides prompt, accurate, courteous, and professional service to staff and clients, including quoting, processing and invoicing policies, endorsements, audits and certificate requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare applications and timely quoting of both new business and commercial lines renewals.
- Provide consistent and accurate communication to carriers, underwriting and agents through verbal and written correspondence.
- Inform and educate clients about coverage, exclusions and exposures; documenting agency management system accordingly.
- Respond to clients’ needs by producing binders, certificates, policies and other related items.
- Maintain client files database
- Know the underwriting and rating procedure for all types of commercial lines policies.
- Timely execution of quoting new business and processing renewal commercial lines policies.
- Process endorsements including invoicing and delivery to agent and/or client
- Maintain client database accurately and consistently documenting all communications with client.
- Handle cancellations with care, saving all accounts possible with adherence to E&O guidelines.
Education and Experience
- 3 or more years’ experience in Commercial Lines, hold a P&C license in Texas.
- Understanding of personal (Commercial) insurance underwriting, coverage & rate analysis.
- Knowledge of insurance coverage’s and an ability to communicate this clearly to clients and underwriters.
- Strong written, verbal communication and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and self-manage workload.
- Computer literate with experience using agency management systems and carrier platforms.
- Ability to work in a team environment, with a positive attitude, and willingness to help others.
- Able to work under pressure and time constraints.
Must be able to work under pressure and exhibit good sound judgment in making decisions pertaining to the overall health of the company. Position requires extended periods of standing, sitting, and computer use.
Such duties as listed in this description are not meant to be all inclusive and the employer reserves the right to add, alter, or delete duties as seen fit, with or without notice.